Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's a guessing game and they keep winning

It's getting harder to hide this pregnancy. Apparently.

Certain people -- ahem, Jessi -- have started putting two and two together.

I'll explain...

Jessi and I had plans for dinner last week, while I was 11 weeks pregnant. That afternoon, I gave her "fair warning" that I was not drinking during the week as part of my New Year's resolution. She was totally on board!


me: Fair warning about tonight
  I have started this new thing where I don't drink during the week
  New Year's and all...
 Jessi: YES
  I'm in
 me: haha
 Jessi: i'm trying to keep it to one night at maximum
 me: Yeah, I modified it to that as well :)
  But I used it last night at mani-pedi
Jessi: HA- I was at 694. So. i was willing to stretch it for tonight but I will instead be your happy sober companion.


I arrived at dinner before my happy sober companion and ordered a pink peppercorn soda. (Getting real, real tired of water.) Jessi arrived, I showed her the fun, non-alcoholic drinks and she took a look at the menu while I began to prattle on about work.

Roughly four seconds into this, she lowered the menu and looked up at me slowly. "Wait..." she began.

Uh oh.

"Wait... Lisa, are you... pregnant?"

"GOD DAMMIT, JESSI."

Cue shrieks and giggles. In between her laughter, she said, "I mean, your boobs are bigger and you're not drinking. Of course you're pregnant!"

And that's the moment I started wearing sports bras and chunky sweaters whenever I came into contact with friends.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations with your baby. Of course you have to be sober for the baby inside your belly. Hope that everything will be fine in your pregnancy period. :)

    ReplyDelete