Saturday, April 12, 2014

Good question

Now that the weather no longer falls into the "polar vortex" category, I've been taking Ava to the little park near our house to go on the swing. It's the only thing she can do, but she likes it. And I love getting her out of the house.

When I took Ava to the park after work the other day, I also decided to help her "walk" around. Another little girl, probably 3, came up to me and asked what I was doing.

"I'm helping her walk," I said. "She still needs help, since she's not a big girl yet like you."

"Oh," the girl said. "Why you want her to walk?"

I stopped.

GOOD FREAKIN QUESTION.

"You know, you've got a point, kid," I said. "My life is way easier when she's immobile. Good call."

So, I scooped Ava up and we left.

From the mouths of babes, amirite?

No comments:

Post a Comment