Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The more you know

There are many reasons why I love working with predominantly women -- including many new and experienced moms -- but this is just one of them.

While in a meeting today, my cell phone rang. I glanced at the number, didn't recognize it and ignored it. My director, a mom with a 5-year-old, asked hurriedly, "Do you need to take that? Is it the nanny?"

I assured her it wasn't, and mentioned that the nanny has already texted me a few times today.

"Is everything okay?" my other colleague, a mom of two, asked.

"Yeah, except Ava pooped 8 times already..." I told them. And yes, baby poop talk is normal around these parts.

"Oh, really?" she responded, genuinely concerned.

"Yes, I have no idea why," I said. "And, on top of the pooping, she's got a second tooth coming in--"

"THAT'S WHY SHE'S POOPING," they both said.

"Um... what?" I asked.

"Yes!" my director said. "Teething makes them poop."

So there you have it. If we hadn't talked about this, I likely would have purged the entire pantry of all those carrots Ava had been eating. But, no, it has nothing to do with food. It has to do with her teeth. Which, really, makes no sense to me whatsoever, but I'll roll with it.

Parenting is just glamorous, glamorous fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment