Saturday, May 4, 2013

Random updates

Oh, hey.

I've been a little MIA lately. Here's what's been going on:


Baby Girl started kicking. At first, I didn't know what was going on, but now it's pretty clear when she's moving around in there. People always described it to me as "a flutter," but I disagree. Straight up, it's like gas. But I guess no one says that because it's not as magical. Sorry.

Bending got hard. I can no longer bend over to get Elsie's food bowl from the back of her crate. I can no longer bend over to put on certain shoes. I can no longer bend down to get veggies out of the bottom of the fridge. I can barely bend long enough to shave my legs. I just can't move like that. Instead, I squat a lot, sit down on the floor for a few minutes or just give up and ask Dave to get things for me.

SELF-PEDICURES ARE A NO-GO. This is so very sad for me. I could have included this in the "Lisa no bend" section, but it's devastating enough that I had to call it out. I seriously can't reach my feet for a long enough time to swipe a few strokes of paint on my toes. Of course, I only learned that AFTER I attempted a pedicure, so now my toes look like they were done by a blind 5-year-old with no thumbs.

We started our baby registry. What an overwhelming project. All I can say is thank god for Amazon reviews. We picked a stroller (Bugaboo Bee, because it was pretty much the only one that I could even lift), a car seat, a swing, a crib, crib bedding, etc. There were several things we skipped, but the good news is that Baby Girl will be four or five months old when Christmas rolls around, so she can anything she needs at that age from Santa, aka Grandparents.

We chose nursery colors. "We" meaning "I" because duh. I'm thinking gray, peach, aqua and pale yellow.


I'm approaching Week 25 now, so my next big doctor's appointment is in a few weeks and consists of the dreaded glucose test I've heard so much about. Apparently, pregnant women don't show signs of gestational diabetes (diabeeetus), so everyone has to get tested. The test consists of drinking 10oz. of what I'm told is a disgustingly sweet concoction... in no more than 5 minutes. So that will be fun.

In the meantime, if you need me, I'll be at the salon getting my nails done.


No comments:

Post a Comment